We provide Overhead Bridge/Gantry Crane Courses at our Training Centre
The Crane used for the training is a KONE 5 tonne Overhead Bridge Crane – Pendant controlled.
By using our Training Centre this would elevate the need for on-site training which will inevitably would lead to production stoppages, downtime and delayed operations, which is frustrating and can be damaging to your business. However, we can still provide the same on-site training standards at your site.
Course Duration: 1 day (Max: 4 candidates per course)
WSM In-House Certificate: In-House certificates are included, only allowing the candidates to operate an overhead crane within their company.
RTITB Certification – Candidates must have successfully attended and passed a suitable slinging/signaller course prior to attendance, with evidence of previous qualifications to be supplied.
This one-day course will teach Novice/Experienced/Refresher Operators how to safely operate an Overhead Crane in their work environment.
- Health & Safety at Work etc. Act 1974
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER)
- Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998 (LOLER)
- Health & Safety (Safety Signs and Signals) Regulations 1996
- Code of Practice for Safe Use of Cranes BS 7121:2016
- Operator Safety Code
- Introduction to the Machine & Controls
- Pre-use Inspection and Take-over Maintenance
- Operation of the controls (Pendant)
- Operation of the controls (Theory – Remote & Cab)
- Preparation for Lifting Operations
- Load weight Assessment and Precision (Test) Lift
- Basic Operations at Low Level (Laden)
- Accurate Manoeuvring and Further Load Handling
- Loading and Unloading Flatbed Vehicles (Theory)
- Assessments (Theory & Practical)
Please note: *This course will allow you to operate the specific type of crane for which you received training. It does not qualify you to instruct or supervise others who have not yet received formal training as crane operators*
To reserve a place on one of our courses or to book on-site training for Overhead Crane call or email our office on:
Office: 01387 733731