The countdown to the Driver CPC deadline has started 09 Sep 19,
don’t be late.
All professional LGV and PCV drivers are now legally required to complete 35 hours of training every 5 years. For many drivers the deadline is looming. We have taken the headache out of Driver CPC training by developing a range of 3.5 hour and 7 hour training modules that provide relevant, practical skills in bite-sized training blocks that fit around your work.
Book Now! Call 01576 205872.
Courses are held regularly our Driver CPC approved training centre in Lochmaben, or we can deliver training at other locations, such as your own premises. Prices start at just £70 per 7 hour module.
If you need to book Driver CPC training:
Phone: 01576 205872 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Periodic Training explained:
Periodic training is designed to improve drivers existing knowledge, and make them more courteous towards other road users as well as driving in a more fuel-efficient manner and making the roads safer. This also gives the drivers updates in changes to current legislations and continues their personnel development.
DRIVER CPC TRAINING
We deliver courses made up either by combining two 3.5 hour modules from our wide range of Jaupt approved material or from our selection of stand-alone 7 hour modules, enabling us to deliver fresh, original courses to candidates.
3.5 hour modules:
• Delivering the Goods – Points of Call, Route Planning, Customer Service (LGV Only)
• Driver Welfare – Driver Health, Alcohol & Drugs, Fatigue, Driver Fitness (LGV & PCV)
• Drivers Hours & Tacho Awareness – Drivers Hours Rules, Tachographs, Operational Guidance (LGV & PCV)
• Drivers Hours Rules – Drivers Hours Rules, Working Time Regulations, Operational Guidance (LGV & PCV)
• Fire Awareness – Causes of Fire & the Dangers, Actions in the Event of a Fire, Fire Extinguishers & Use, Fire Prevention (LGV & PCV)
• First Aid Awareness – Actions in an Emergency, CPR, Unresponsive Casualty, Choking Adult, Wounds, Bleeding & Shock (LGV & PCV)
• Fuel Efficient Driving – Fuels & Lubricants, Types of Vehicle, Gearboxes & Brakes, Fuel Efficient Driving (LGV & PCV)
• Food Safety – Food Safety Management, The Drivers Role, Lorry Fridge Systems, Maintaining the Cool Chain (LGV Only)
• Health & Safety for Drivers – Laws, Vehicle Movements, Banksman Signals, Manual Handling, PPE, Working at Height, Slips, Trips & Falls (LGV & PCV)
• Loading & Unloading – Legal Requirements, Weights & Load Distribution, Vehicle Dimensions & Weights, Effects of Load Movement, Load Security, Loading Equipment (LGV Only)
• Manual Handling – Regulations, Costs of Injury/Back Pain, Causes of Back Pain, Lifting Techniques, Lifting Equipment, Pushing & Pulling Techniques (LGV or PCV)
• Road Traffic Accidents – Arrive on Scene, Next Actions, Casualty Care & Dangers (LGV & PCV)
• Rules of the Road – Rules of the Road, Documentation, Highway Code, Traffic Accident Procedure, Security & Crime Prevention (LGV & PCV)
• Use of Tachographs – Use of Tachograph Equipment, Operational Guidance (LGV & PCV)
• Know Your Vehicle – Rules of the Road, Fitness to Drive, Driving in Severe Weather, Accident Procedure, Security & Crime Prevention (LGV & PCV)
• Walk Around Checks & Defect Reports – Walk Around Checks, Legal Requirements & Maintenance, Safety Equipment, Defect Reporting (LGV or PCV)
7 hour modules:
• Vulnerable Road Users – (FORS Approved) Where Do We Encounter VRU’s? Who Are VRU’s? Sharing Road Space, Route Planning, New Traffic Systems, Professional Drivers Role, Hazard Perception, Defensive Driving, Blindspots, Safety Systems, Cyclists, Pedestrians, Motorcyclists, Horse Riders (LGV & PCV)
• Emergency First Aid at Work – Roles & Responsibilities of First Aiders, Incident & Casualty Assessment, CPR, Unconscious Casualties, Choking Casualty, Shock, Minor Injuries, External Bleeding, Other Conditions (LGV & PCV)
• Operator Licence Awareness – Roles & Responsibilities, Drivers Hours, Fleet Inspections & OCRS, Operator Licensing, Guide to Maintaining Roadworthiness, Walk Around Checks, Driver CPC, Driver Licensing (LGV or PCV)
DRIVER CPC Training
Based in Lochmaben, Dumfries we offer training courses at WSM Training, Glebe Terrace, Lochmaben, Dumfriesshire, DG11 1RE which has been approved to deliver approved Driver CPC periodic training courses.
Call us today on 01576 205872 to get the Driver CPC compliance training you need or alternatively you can also fill in our Contact Form, to get in touch with us via email. Don’t forget to remember WSM Training when you’re in need of Driver CPC training in Dumfries.